Saturday, July 24, 2021

Sandcastles2stamp card



 Here is another TSOL Sandcastles2stamp card.  I love this stamp set.  I made the palapa using the Circus tent fold-it from TSOL’s Life’s a Circus Online class ( which is now Sold out).  



 

 “How I made this” A2 card 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” card base scored at  4 1/4”

1- 4 1/3” x 5 1/2” cantaloupe c/s

To make the palapa:

I cut out my Circus tent in gingersnap c/s.  I then did it again using my kiss cut pad from TSOL.  

I then inked the c/s with gingersnap ink and a blender brush.  I cut off the scalloped edge and removed some of the pleated edges to fit on the size of my 4” x 5 1/4” powdered sugar c/s   (To determine how many pleats to remove-I placed it on the c/s and decided how large I wanted it to be)  I removed 3 on both sides.  I then cut 4 thin strips for the legs. The sand is made by tearing the paper and layering it.  I inked the top of the paper but 1st I washi taped a line not to go past- then using my TSOL (sky ink) & cloud/ hexagon stencil  I started making clouds on my powdered sugar c/s.   After making the clouds I made a very thin line with 2 pieces of washi and using ocean ink I filled in that VERY thin line….removed the bottom piece of washi started making the ocean.  Using ocean ink and I went down the paper and then I went back using the TSOL wave/sun stencil to make waves.  Then I added 3 pieces of torn gingersnap paper for the sand.   

I paper pieces the palapa together using the kiss cut pulapa and the die cut one on top. I put used glue to put the top on my palapa…added the legs- shorter legs in back suck into the sand and longer legs in front. Then decorated it with the paper pad from the TSOL Card Kit paper pad.  

I added a piece of twine with a knot tied on both ends across the bottom of the pulapa and stamped out sea shells for the twine.  Colored and cut out the shells and glued them for decorations on the twine.

I used powdered sugar ink on the wave for the foam of the sea and 3’d ink on top.  

Have fun making this card.  And be sure to share it for all to see. 

Enjoy💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

New month New releases

 Hi Everyone💕 Can you believe it’s already July?  This year is just flying by so quickly…and with a New month The Stamps of life has releas...