Sunday, February 27, 2022

Explosion box heart sides


Hi Everyone, 

I have had some questions about how to make the heart sides on my explosion box.  Here is how I made them: 





I used scissors, ruler, bone folder and an embossing tool w/ my paper trimmer  

Cut 2 of the TSOL Explosion side dies. (The largest die with the 3 sides)



Cut 4 of the largest hearts from the TSOL dotted hearts die set ( if I was you I would make the first one out of notebook paper to create a mold… it makes it easy after you make the mold)



Fold 1 of the largest hearts in half.  Make sure all the dots line up perfectly.  Use a bone folder for a hard crease.*see picture



Placing the bottom point line the heart to the center of the 2 squares . (See picture).  

Now is when u decide how much you want to show when the box opens up.  Pull the bottom point down equally on both sides.  The heart should begging to hang over onto the pink c/s.   I wanted mine to be shorter than the top of my box so I went down about 1/2” on each side. Measure it. Now when everything is lined up softly using a pencil draw lines to make a small BOX on the bottom  I put some washi tape to hold it in place *see photo




This is how the front should look.  The back should be clean…look below



Once everything is centered -now is when you can glue the edges down onto the c/s sides and even the little box at the bottom.   Let dry.  After glueing the edges use ur embossing tool to make a hard line down to the center point and across.  Now hard crease those lines.  Open it gently pressing the fold lines inward. You will have to connect the box to finish.  Then do each of the 3 sides just like the first one.  Then you cover the edges with the square die that comes in the kit. 





Once you put the hearts on all four sides gently press them toward the inside of the box. Then finish the box however you want.  Hope this helped you make my explosion heart side box.  Please send tag me in a photo I can’t wait to see them.  Any questions just send me a note πŸ’•

 Enjoy

Cheryl

FYI:   I made a pattern out of one of the hearts for me to keep so it will be easier and faster next time  next time.πŸ’• 



9 comments:

New month New releases

 Hi EveryoneπŸ’• Can you believe it’s already July?  This year is just flying by so quickly…and with a New month The Stamps of life has releas...